What We Believe
The Bible We believe the Scriptures are complete and are the verbally inspired Word of God. We believe the Holy Scriptures to be God’s revelation to man, inerrant in the original manuscripts, infallible and God-breathed. We believe the Holy Scriptures to be the supreme and final authority in all matters of doctrine, faith, and life.
God We believe in one triune God, eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- God the Father: We believe in His eternal existence, His creative power, His holiness, His love for lost mankind, and His provision for their salvation (Ps 30:4; John 3:16)
- God the Son: We believe in His eternal existence, His creative power, His incarnation, His Deity, His holiness, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection. His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His High Priestly ministry for us in heaven.
- God the Holy Spirit: We believe in the personality of the Holy Spirit and that He reproves the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. We also believe that He baptizes each believer into the body of Christ at the time of salvation, regenerates each believer, indwells each believer, seals each believer, and teaches each believer.
Satan We believe that Satan is a real being, the author of sin, the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience, the god of this world, the accuser of the brethren, and that he is destined by God’s judgment to be cast into the lake of fire.
Man We believe man was created in the image of God, but through willful disobedience became sinful and is justly under the condemnation and wrath of Almighty God. Through Adam’s sin the whole race fell, inherited a sinful nature and is unable to remedy his lost condition apart from the salvation provided through the new birth.
Salvation We believe salvation is the gift of God, brought to man by grace received by faith in Jesus Christ whose blood was shed for the forgiveness of sins.
The Church We believe that the Church is a Spiritual organism made up of all born again person of the present age. The church ad its beginning at Pentecost and will continue until Christ returns in the air to receive the Church unto Himself. We also believe the Church is the body and bride of Christ and is distinct from Israel.
- Local Church – We believe the mission of the local church is to evangelize the world. The church is also to edify, teach, exhort, rebuke, and disciple the saints through the Word of God.
- Church Ordinances – We believe the church has been given only two ordinances which we are instructed to observe today: Water baptism and the Lord’s Supper
- Baptism – While recognizing that water baptism has no saving merit, we believe baptism by immersion is Scriptural and is an act of identification with the Lord Jesus Christ in His death, burial and resurrection
- Lord’s Supper – We believe the Lord’s Supper is a memorial service in which the elements represent the broken body and shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is to be partaken of only by believers who are walking with the Lord Jesus Christ, and then only after solemn self-examination.
Future Events We believe in the personal, imminent, pre-tribulational return of the Lord Jesus in the air, the Rapture, to receive unto Himself all those who are children of God by the new birth. We further believe in His pre-millennial return to earth, the Second Advent, to establish His 1000 year kingdom on earth, after which the present heaven and earth will be dissolved and a new heaven and earth will be established.
The Eternal State We believe that at the instant of death the soul and spirit of the righteous are conscience, and are immediately in the presence of the Lord. They will be reunited with their glorified body at the resurrection and will forever enjoy God’s presence in heaven. The lost will be turned into hell where they will be tormented forever, separated from God with no change in their estate throughout all eternity.
Gifts of the Spirit We believe God is sovereign in the bestowment of all His gifts and that the gift of evangelist and pastor/teacher are sufficient for the perfecting of the saints today. In addition, other gifts such as governments and helps are still active today. The sign gifts such as speaking in tongues and the ability to speak and have the individual healed were for a specific time and purpose and are no longer active today.